Monday, January 24, 2011

Emotions are weird...

OK, I'll admit to a tinge of sadness today.

A whole bunch of Jarrah's little friends/peers went off to Prep today for the first time...and he didn't.

I know it's for the best, i know that we're doing the right thing in holding him back a year...but i couldn't help feel just a little bit sad that it should have been him enjoying his first day at school, it should have been him in that little school uniform, it should have been me getting all emotional at my baby growing up, if only it wasn't for his ears...

I also know that i get the privilege of having him at home (mostly) for another year, that he loves Preschool (after 2 days!) and that he'll cope better with the school environment, that he'll get his turn and it'll be alright.

I just couldn't help but feel a little bit sad...

2 comments:

Laetitia :-) said...

I think you're having a normal reaction to the disappointments in life - in this case you're disappointed on behalf of your child, irrespective of whether he is.

Lissa said...

Any updates???