Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Computerised Tomography...

Thurs 19th June

Today was a day of many firsts. Jonica's first admission to hospital, her first General Anaesthetic, her first CT scan, our first glimpse into what might be going on inside her head that may be causing her hearing loss, and causing it to drop...and Daddy's first day on unemployment. Daddy took her to the hospital for their 6:45am check-in (!) while I got the boys to school and thought about going to work. Ended up taking my first day off sick for this job, so I went back home to bed.

Sounds like she was one of the first children in, as she was in recovery by 9am. I had held some concern for her reaction to the GA, as I have a tendency to drastically oversleep. My sister did too as a child, and although she appears to now be fine as an adult, and both our boys have been fine, I was just unsure about what was going to happen for Jonica. Thankfully, she was soon awake and hoovering the jelly and ice cream they gave her!

We will need to visit the implant surgeon again to get results for the scan, but at least it's done!

Today, Tues 24th June, was meant to be our next speech appt at Mater, but the speechie called in sick. We've rescheduled for Thurs 3rd July, so I suspect that will delay our progress slightly. Never mind...

Next appt: Thurs 3rd July Mater speech pathology

1 comment:

Laetitia :-) said...

I'm glad I'm not in your shoes - it must be easier to make that decision about a child who obviously has no hearing at all rather than some. I've been bad enough deciding whether or not to let my dog go through one heat cycle before de-sexing (decided on not really - brought forward the date because I thought she might be starting).

The Lord give you wisdom in all these decisions.