Thursday, July 31, 2014

August is always busy...

Today is the 31st of July, which means that tomorrow is August. If there's one rule I've learned in life, it's that August is always busy. Always! About a month ago I remember looking through my calendar for August and noticing how empty it was. "But August is always busy," I told myself. "I wonder what will fill it this year?"

I feel like we're standing on  precipice, on the very edge of an amazing, exciting journey. There's anticipation, excitement, trepidation, some fear of the unknown, just as there is with any journey. For us this is of course not so much a locational journey as an educational one. We're about to enter the unknown, through a curtain and into a new room, walking in places we have not yet explored. It's daunting, overwhelming, but exciting and filled with wonder and mystery. What will it be like? What will she be like?

Ask me when August's over...

No comments: