Tuesday, July 29, 2014

The diary is filling up...

So today I made 3 more appointments, all for September! Argh! OK, so i knew it would be like this, but walking it out is another thing altogether! My coping strategy is to rehearse the schedule in my head in the weeks leading up to it all, so at the moment my head contains this much:

This week - normal week, dinner with Keith's Mum on Friday, catch up with my parents sometime over the weekend.

Next week - Monday is my sister's birthday. Keith & Jonica go to Toowoomba for her teeth on Monday, come home Tuesday, so i have boys on my own monday night but some kid-free time on Tuesday (yay!). My parents also leave on a 4wk holiday on Tuesday. See how Jonica goes re:Kindy on Wed & Thurs. Work Wed & Thurs. Catch up with friends on Sat.

The next week - IMPLANT SURGERY Monday, stay overnight, home Tuesday, Ekka holiday Wednesday, see how she goes for Thurs as to whether or not she goes to Kindy / I go to work. Jarrah has a school excursion on Friday.

The next week - Kaelen has a school excursion on Tuesday, the same day as Jonica's post-op appointment. Visit MOPS on Wed, work Thurs.

The next week - String Festival at work Mon & Tues afternoons. Work Wed & Thurs. That's enough for now

The next week - Tues 2nd Sept SWITCH-ON! We get to find out what Jonica thinks of the sound she gets from her implant... Work Wed & Thurs. My parents arrive back home.

The next week - CI Mapping appt Tues, work Wed & Thurs.

The next week - work Wed & Thurs, last week of school term

The next week - CI Mapping appt & Aus Hearing appt for Jonica

The next week - Jonica turns 4!

And that's about where my mental calendar ends right now...but i think that's enough! I got the call about the switch-on date today, as well as the next two mapping appts, and I know that speech therapy will kick in pretty soon after all that, but that can wait. For now I just keep going over the next two weeks, who's going to be where, who's taking whom where and when, in the hope that when it comes to it I won't forget anything! And also that it helps me take it in my stride and not be overwhelmed by it all. That's the plan!

Next appt: Dental surgery @ Toowoomba, Tuesday 5th August. That's next week!

No comments: